£20/25euro FOR EACH DISCIPLING ENTERED:
Kids (KM or KW): Born in 2000 or after
Youth (YM or YW): Born in 1997, 1998 or 1999
Junior (JM or JW): Born 1994, 1995 or 1996
Master (MM or MW): Born in 1982 or before
Open (OM or OW): Born 1993 - 1983
NB: KM = Kids Men, KW = Kids Women etc…
Snowboardcross and Skiercross - Kids, Youth, Junior & Masters competing in either Snowboardcross or Skiercross can opt to compete in the Overall category but MUST INFORM REGISTRATION upon collection of their Bib.
IMPORTANT: If the final result is taken on timed runs, then the
athlete will be eligible for both their age categroy & overall
N.B. The Overall category is where the National Champions are crowned and cash prizes awarded.
Slopestyle and Halfpipe - Kids, Youth, Junior & Masters competing in Slopestyle and Halfpipe will automatically be placed in both their "Age" category and "Overall" category. Making it possible to win both.
DISCIPLINE RULES/ FORMATS
Snowboardcross & Skiercross Champs (SBX/ SX)
Timed Qualification is a run down the course alone. Athletes' qualifying times are then used to seed the heats, with athletes being given gate preference in order of their seeding.
Timed Qualification = 2 timed runs, fastest run counts. This enables us to seed you in each of the heats (should you be fast enough to make the Qualification rounds)
Seeding = The highest seeds always get first lane choice throughout the competition, so it's important to get a fast run.
Heats = Max 4 persons per race. Top 2* qualify for next round
- *Less than 16 athletes - if there are less than 16 athletes in any given category, then every athlete will get to race in a heat. In some instances this may create heats of 2 or 3 people and as such the number of people that qualify to the next round may be reduced to 1 person, but you will be notified of this before you race by the start referee.
- More than 16 athletes - If there are between 17 - 31 athletes then only the top 16 athletes will race in a heat.
- More than 32 athletes - if there are between 33 - 63 athletes then only the top 32 athletes will race in a heat.
- Age categories will run together in heats.
- Consolation finals are run to decide 4th to 8th place in the overall category only.
- 3rd Place Rule = If you do not proceed beyond your heat but finish 3rd you will be ranked higher than all 4th place riders in the final ranking. The qualifying timed runs will position all the 3rd place athletes in order of fastest first, followed by all 4th place athletes in order of fastest first.
Slopestyle Championships (SS)
Qualification = All competitors 2 runs, best score counts
Finals = Top 12 Men / 6 Women 2 runs, best score counts
Age category positions are extracted from the overall results.
This format allows the judging panel to concentrate on each run in its entirety and provide a calculated score for each run, thus allowing the placement of athletes from 1st to last in an accurate manner. Something not possible in a Jam Format
Halfpipe Championships (HP)
Format as per Slopestyle
Bangers & Cash (RAIL)
Open Jam Session
Finals = Top 8 Men / 4 Women Jam Session
Invitational Airtime Team Challenge (BA)
Invitational Team Event (snb & ski) - UK v France
8 per team - 4 skiers & 4 snowboarders
UK Team selection will be made at the event and based upon performance and general ability.
Studying the procedures and criteria behind judging and then putting these skills into practise is a very complex matter which demands attendance at judging conferences and workshops and takes years of experience to hone, however, in the interest of transparency we are working with our fully qualified Head Judges to create an overview document to inform athletes as to what is rewarded.
All competitors MUST wear a helmet when practicing and competing at the BRITS
No lycra or speed suits.
PRIZES & MEDALS
National Championships (HP, SS, SX)
£11,400 Cash Purse; £12,000 Product Prize
Cash is awarded in the Overall category to the top 3 men, top 3 women in both snowboarding and skiing;
- 1st (Gold) = £400, iON Air Pro Camera, Skullcandy Aviator Headphones, Penny Skateboard
- 2nd (Silver) = £200, Skullcandy Navigator Headphones, Penny Skateboard
- 3rd (Bronze) = £100, Skullcandy UpRock Headphones, Penny Skateboard
Bangers & Cash
- 1st Overall = £1000
- 1st (Men & Women) = iON Air Pro Camera, Skullcandy Aviator Headphones, Penny Skateboard
- 2nd (Men & Women) = Skullcandy Navigator Headphones, Penny Skateboard
- 3rd (Men & Women) = Skullcandy UpRock Headphones, Penny Skateboard
- Top 8 Men / 4 Top Women finalists receive £50 each - Cash for Bangers!
Airtime Team Challenge (Floodlit Big Air)
- Prizes TBC
Bonus Holiday Prize
PRG Ski will also be awarding a weeks accommodation at their Morzine chalet to the gold medalists from the following categories;
- Men's Freeski Dare 2b Halfpipe
- Women's Trespass Skiercross
- Men's Snowboard Protest Slopestyle
- Women's Snowboard Bangers & Cash
Medals are awarded for the British Championship's. These are distributed through Kids, Youth, Junior, Overall and Master categories. Potentially, an athlete could win their age category and finish in the top 3 Overall and receive 2 medals.
Snowboardcross & Skiercross events - riders must notify registration should they wish to participate in the Overall category to gain a chance of becoming the official "British Champion".
AGE CATEGORY PRODUCT PRIZES
£17,000 RRP Product
British Championships prizes are awarded in the Kids, Youth, Junior & Master categories for the top 3 men, top 3 women in both snowboarding and skiing.
Product prize value vary depending on the sponsor of that event,
however we aim to achieve a RRP prize value of:
1st £100-£60, 2nd £60-£20, 3rd £40-£20
In specific age categories where there may be minimal participants (sometimes less than 3), the prize denomination will reflect the level of competition. The organisers reserve the right to apply this logic.